Manhattan on the Rise

Last weekend I visited my nieces and nephews in NYC. It is the first time in  long time that I have spent any quality time in Manhattan. The weather could not have been more perfect, and we went sightseeing the entire time. You know what that means-lots of photos. I have seen much of NYC in past visits. This time I wanted to see how lower Manhattan has changed, and I wanted to pay my respects to the 9/11 Memorial and what it symbolizes. Though I was not prepared to feel its power and starkness. I kept flashing back to the Twin Towers-buildings I had visited many times in my younger years. I have included a few photos here for you to see how lower Manhattan has come roaring back. I also visited the Stonewall Inn for the first time with my niece. We even had a drink there and met a lovely couple from Toronto.

HDR Diner 9-11 Memorial Remembering our Fallen Heroes NYC on the Rise Again   Click under the “Recent Photos” tab above to see more photos including  one of the Stonewall Inn. If you click on any of these images it brings up a larger view for you to view.   Now I need your opinions. Below are two sets of photos. One set is lower Manhattan, the classic view from the water, and the other is the Statue of Liberty. Please let me know which of each set you like the most and why. If you don’t like any of them, that’s okay. Art is personal. I will be choosing two new free photo winners so do comment.

NYC Skyline #1

NYC Skyline #1

NYC Skyline #2

NYC Skyline #2

Statue of Liberty #1

Statue of Liberty #1

Statue of Liberty #2

Statue of Liberty #2

And as always enjoy my photos and thanks for supporting my work!

About kathiissermanphotos

I have been taking photos for the last 40 years and sharing them with friends and family. Recently I took the plunge to share them with a wider audience. You can view my photos on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/kathiandkim, my purchase site-http://kathi-isserman.artistwebsites.com or here. I hope you enjoy viewing them, and please let me know what you think.
This entry was posted in Kathi Isserman Photos, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Manhattan on the Rise

1. metalbeth says:

I like the second photo in each group. In the NY skyline group, I like the second photo because it is a little closer and the bldgs seems sharper. I love the angular look.
    In the Statue of Liberty group I like the send photo, due to the ferry as well as the sailboat in the background.

• Beth:
      This is exactly the kind of feedback I need. Sometimes we are too close to our own work. I let my photos sit in a folder after I edit them for a month to 6 weeks before I choose the ones I want to upload for sale. Your feedback helps in that process immensely.
      Thanks!

2. T. says:

Nyc #2 more vibrant and detailed, you can see so much more in that photo…T.

3. Sharon E. Owens says:

I agree that the New York skyline #2 photo was more vibrant and detailed. I waffled between the Statue of Liberty photos. The first one was prettier, but also darker, and the second, with the ship(Staten Island ferry?) sort of placed the statue in the context of the bustling life of the City; it was also lighter.

4. bobgeary says:

I agree with Beth, the second ones in each set. Better looking composition of the skyline and a more interesting image with Lady Liberty.

5. Dora says:

I like skyline #2. The sky is a brillant blue, it’s a little closer, and it shows NY as a surviver with the new building where the twin towers were.

6. E says:

To me skyline#2 represent “skyline” much better. The composition (1/3rds) is better.

7. Mary says:

I like NYC2 as the buildings are easier to see. The other is just too far away for good definition. Unlike most of the comments so far I like Statue of Liberty #1. I went back & forth on this one, but I think the ferry detracts too much from the statue. The ferry becomes the focal point of the picture rather than the statue.

• Thanks Mary. The Statue of liberty is one I have to ruminate on now. I usually put my photos in a folder for a month to six weeks after edits and decide if I permanently want to put them on my purchase site. All of these comments are food for thought.