Happy Anniversary KI!

Today’s my birthday and it is also our 6th anniversary of our marriage. KI Thompson and I got married six years ago. The sound of that is still awkward at best. We’ve been together for over 13 years, never thought we’d be married, but we made that commitment all the same 13 years ago. We met on Radclyffe Writings group. KI was not a published author then. Bold Strokes Books was not around then either. But we were both fans of Rad’s books! Thanks Rad!

Assateague Summer II

Assateague Summer II

As I look back on our years together, we have had some great times together. We love to travel together, and I get to take photos of those adventures too! KI tries to be patient when I am snapping away. One of our many adventures is posted in a blog last summer.  Check it out by clicking here. The weekend was full of bugs and hot and steamy, but we still managed to have fun. KI’s book Cooper’s Deale is very loosely ( and I mean “very loosely”) based on another adventure.coopers-deale

We have also gone through some challenging times too, loss of jobs, moving across country to begin our lives together, horrible bosses in our day jobs, and losses of beloved family members and pets too.  I guess all of the above defines a marriage-who knew?

Today, on this special day, my mom is celebrating with us. We are fortunate that at 86 years old, she can still get on an airplane and travel to see us. KI and I are also fortunate that my family adores her. They accepted her into the family immediately. KI is a trooper. She did not meet the family one at a time, taking the time to absorb and get to know everyone. She met most of my family at my nephew’s Bar Mitzvah-the same nephew who is getting married this summer. Time sure does fly!

Mom and me in DC last November

Mom and me in DC last November

About kathiissermanphotos

I have been taking photos for the last 40 years and sharing them with friends and family. Recently I took the plunge to share them with a wider audience. You can view my photos on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/kathiandkim, my purchase site-http://kathi-isserman.artistwebsites.com or here. I hope you enjoy viewing them, and please let me know what you think.
This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Happy Anniversary KI!

1. Happy birthday and congratulations!

Liked by 1 person

2. S.A. says:

Happy anniversary, you two! (And happy b-day, Kathi!) Sounds like you two are having a full and fullfilling journey through life together!

Liked by 1 person

3. Ellen Mayer says:

Happy Birthday Kathi and congrats on your anniversary. This coming November, I’ll be celebrating my 13th wedding anniversary. Hope all is well with you and KI. Say hello to your mother for me.

Liked by 1 person

4. I. Beacham says:

Happy Birthday Kathi and bravo to you and KI. You both have a great day and over indulge! Can’t think of a nicer couple.
    Beac

Liked by 1 person

5. solargrrl says:

Happy Anniversary, you two! What fun to read about how you met. I wonder how many other women have met each other thanks to their love for Lesfic? I hope you have many more adventures in the future, with many more stories to write and photographs to take!
    (I also would love to hear the story behind the story with Cooper’s Deale. ;-). )

Liked by 1 person

6. Beth says:

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!! What a wonderful life you and KI have built together. Many wishes sent your way for many continued years of love and laughter.

Liked by 1 person

7. Lee Lynch says:

Wow, double whammy day! Congratulations to you both and happy birthday, Kathi! Keep on snapping!

Liked by 1 person

8. Devlyn says:

Happy Anniversary to you both, may you share an abundance of love for many more years to come. Waves hello to you Mum!

Liked by 1 person