I’m Back!

solo-beat

Solo Beat

rainbow-over-the-falls

rainbow-over-the-falls

After six weeks of no blogging, I am back. I did not expect to take this much time off, but life got in the way. KI and I had a busy summer and traveled most weekends. The rest and relaxation was needed, but the photo ops were scarce.

A View from the Top

A View from the Top

At the end of the summer, we took a few days to travel to Niagara Falls, both the US and Canada side. We had never been before. What a photo op! As we were driving in, we saw the mist from the Falls and that was just the beginning.

Over the Falls

Over the Falls

Over the next several days, I took the Falls from all angles, from the water to the observation tower, from the US to Canada. We also checked out Old Fort Niagara and the tributaries to Niagara Falls which is actually three falls.

We surrounded the falls trip with Pennsylvania side trips-the Poconos and Western PA.

Misty Morn

Misty Morn

During the next few weeks I hope you will enjoy the photos!

About kathiissermanphotos

I have been taking photos for the last 40 years and sharing them with friends and family. Recently I took the plunge to share them with a wider audience. You can view my photos on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/kathiandkim, my purchase site-http://kathi-isserman.artistwebsites.com or here. I hope you enjoy viewing them, and please let me know what you think.
This entry was posted in Kathi Isserman Photos, KI Thompson, Niagara Falls, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to I’m Back!

1. Anne says:

Good to have you back and as ever fab photos…

Liked by 1 person

2. walnut242 says:

Loved the photos and would love to see the actual falls one of these days. Glad you both had a restful time.

3. Jan Exler says:

Nice that you are back! You took some terrific shots at Niagara Falls! WOW! If you’d like to check out a fun international venue to showcase your photography check out Guru Shots. There are different challenges almost every day which makes the site very fun. https://gurushots.com/janexler/photos

4. Devlyn says:

Glad you’re back online and back safely from your holiday. The photos are beautiful Kathi.

5. Ellen Mayer says:

I’m glad you finally made it to Niagara Falls. I’ve been there several times. You may remember that my mother is from Rochester N.Y. My grandparents took me to the falls a few times. I remember my first trip was traumatic. Apparently, the Canadian Border Control thought a little girl with a brown paper bag riding in the back seat was suspect. So I had to turn over my bag, and then watch in horror as the officer grabbed my Barbie by her pretty blond hair and removed her head! I suppose it’s possible in the drug-filled 60s, grandparents hid their marijuana or heroin in their granddaughter’s dollies. Maybe that’s why Barbie was such a huge success!

Since I remember the incident as if it happened yesterday, apparently it scarred me forever! LOL
    In any event, I’m glad you visited the falls. They are quite a sight. Even more impressive is Iguazu Falls where the borders of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay converge. I had the good fortune to travel there in the eighties. Hopefully, you’ll go there one day.

Ellen

Liked by 1 person

• Funny story. I am still stuck on you having a barbie doll. You must have outgrown them by the time we met!

Kim and I were amazed by the Falls. We saw every angle it seems.

Hope you are doing well and Shana Tovah

6. Ellen Mayer says:

By the way, your photos are wonderful, especially the rainbow over the falls. Love it.

Did you start taking photographs when you worked for that city newspaper whose name I can’t remember? It was New ……………..?

Liked by 1 person

7. Marian Owens says:

Great to see you back, Kathi – I always love viewing your gorgeous images! Glad you and KI had such an active and fun summer.

Liked by 1 person